Contact Us 24/7 603-821-0133


Father's Rights Attorney

Posted by David Newton | Dec 18, 2018 | 0 Comments

New Hampshire Father's Rights Lawyer

New Hampshire law is supposed to be unbiased and presume that Fathers are equal co-parents.  However, the system is inherently biased and requires proactive measures for success. 

As a father in a divorce or child custody case in NH it may seem like the mother holds all the cards. You May have been ousted from the house and have had access to your children curtailed. Often this is the weapon used against the father in these types of cases.

It doesn't have to be this way. Remember these cases take a long time to come to conclusion and with a smart but individualized plan the outcome can be a successful one. In NH the presumption is suppose to be that a child does best when both parents are involved. However, father's all too often find themselves not only fighting their ex but the bias against father's in the court system as well.

Family court judges in NH have a number of factors that that they are suppose to follow:

  • The child's health
  • The child's safety and well-being
  • The child's emotional needs
  • The child's developmental needs
  • Special medical needs the child may have
  • Fostering of frequent contact between both parents

Contact the Experience you need in Southern NH Today!

Remember these steps to put yourself in the best possible situation.

  1. Be proactive, way too many fathers sit back and let the system happen to them. Often only finding out that they let the situation get away from them. An experienced attorney early in the process can set a case strategy early.
  1. Consistently advance your wishes to see your children. Document every request and the response. Do not sit back and wait. The courts can be slow and it's important to get in early, often what occurs in the early stages sets the stage for the ultimate outcome.
  1. Set-up a space in your new home for the child and take photos.
  1. Do not engage in the petty fighting that your ex will try to engage in. You need to show that you are the reasonable and responsible parent.
  1. Hire an attorney or at least consult an experienced father's rights attorney right away. Your inaction will only cost you in the long run.

About the Author

David Newton

I served in the U.S. Marine Corps for five years. After serving honorably in the U.S. Marine Corps, I graduated magna cum laude from State University of New York College at Brockport with a B.S. in Business and Economics. I then continued on to obtain my law degree cum laude from Boston Universit...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Let My Experience Be Your Peace Of Mind

Former NYC, Boston and NH State Police Prosecutor Committed to Defending your rights.

New Hampshire Office Location
1 New Hampshire Ave, Suite 125
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Massachusetts Office Location
6 Harris Street
Newburyport, MA 01950